Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thrift Shops and Birthdays

It's been a busy week that started with a trip up to Port Washington to visit Beth in her new apartment, explore her new neighborhood, and hit up some thrift shops.  Downtown Port is quite adorable, and I'm sure Beth is going to love how walkable the area is because I know we both miss that aspect of Oshkosh.  We stumbled into a new little vintage shop called Mobocracy which had some great clothes and custom jewelry.

We did make it to the Saint Vinny's thrift store, but I only found one thing I couldn't live with - a floral enamel pot I plan to use for removing used postage stamps from old envelopes.


Then yesterday was H's birthday and we made and decorated some cupcakes.


The inspiration came from these frog cupcakes from a Disney Princess cupcake book and I think the girls made some adorable frogs.


But Miss H had some other ideas.


Today Tia is coming over for lunch and I'm planning a solo jaunt for some errands tomorrow and hopefully I'll have enough time to swing by another thrift store, what can I say - I'm a little predictable. 

No comments: