Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thrifted Finds: A $2 Trip

A couple weeks ago during a thrift run at the 91st Street Goodwill I came upon these three strange creatures that just couldn't be left behind.  Besides these three that I came home with there was a plethora of other generic ceramic items colored in varying shades of talent and once I came across plates with swatches of glaze and numbers written below I could only assume some paint-your-own pottery place had cleaned out its back room of unclaimed merchandise.

First there was this tiny elephant bank which I figured was a steal at 49 cents.


Next was another 49 cent bargain - the fish who is apparently an ash tray, and I'm not sure what I'll use him for, but he was just too intriguing to leave behind.  Perhaps I'll perch some small figurine on his lip, about to be swallowed whole.


And then of course there was the matador, in all his 99 cent glory, who put me up to my self imposed limit of $2.


These three creatures plus a lovely shade of red spray paint will make for some nice tschokies on the shelf above my desk.  I plan on putting the elephant bank to good use as a savings place for my travel fund change.  Hopefully the next trip he will help to fund will be a train trip someplace south with Jennie.

No comments: