Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Art Lovelies: Anna

I may say this often, but it's true that my family is full of some awesome and creative people. One of those is my cousin Anna. She always has those creative vibes rolling off of her and she is involved in such a variety of artistic pursuits. She's almost done with her college degree at SCAD and has been cranking out some really awesome dioramas - like the one below - for her classes, and I'm just hoping I can make another trip down to Savannah before she graduates.


In addition to being a great illustrator, a phenomenal writer (with an reoccurring internship at Scholastic), and all around awesome gal she plays in a band by the name of General Oglethorpe and the Panhandlers. I'll readily admit to being biased, but I think they rock, and this photo of them by Zulmarie takes the cake. You can listen to four of their songs on their myspace right now, and they'll be recording more this spring so expect more soon!


As far as Anna and I go we're about a year apart in age and as children went through quite the love/hate/love relationship before we arrived at the friendship we have today. She's featured in most of the photos I have of myself and my sister in matching outfits.

No comments: