Thursday, January 28, 2010

Family visits and back pain, not actually related

It's already Thursday, but this is the first time this week I've had the time to sit down to write.

We had family in this past weekend when one of my Aunts brought her parents and her three little boys up for a visit. It was so much fun to see them, and it was great to give the little boys the crocheted cupcakes I made for them. I'm working on more and should have a picture of my batch sometime next week.

But then some things happened - somehow right as they were leaving I managed to pull a muscle in my back just by leaning down to open a kitchen cabinet. I thought it would be fine, after all I'm young and should be able to bounce back, but it just kept getting worse. I went to the Dr yesterday and came home with some muscle relaxers and instructions not to move and to come back Monday for xrays if it isn't getting better.

Mamu, my grandmother, was taken to the hospital today with heart pains. She's been released as it was only a minor incident, but I'm still worried and rather upset that because of this back thing I can't get down to North Carolina to see her.

I guess the only good part of not being able to move is that I will finally get some things done that require me sitting still - like more crocheting, some paperwork, work on the website, etc.

No comments: