Monday, October 5, 2009

Maxwell Street Days Success

So this past Sunday Richard and I went out with his brother Chris, and Chris' girlfriend Erika to the last Cedarburg Maxwell Street Days of the year. It was quite a chilly day but I got the chance to wear my new corduroy fall jacket - even managed to lose a button already!

So onto the glorious finds...



#1 - Argus 40 - complete with original leather case and in perfect, out of the box condition. And did you know it was one of the early bakelite Argus cameras? Because I didn't! Not until I got home and did some research.

#2 - Fisher Price Barn complete with farmer, cow, pig, horse and chicken. I remember playing with this thing constantly at my grandmother's when I was growing up and it was one of my favorite toys. Truth be told I already have my own barn and I only got this for the pieces and will probably pass this second barn on to someone else. Speaking of Fisher Price barns - you should check out some of my favorite toy photos over at doe-c-doe, she uses vintage paint-by-numbers as backgrounds for her vintage toy collection and her style is truly inspired.

#3 - One Hefty Smurf glass (Hardee's 1982) to replace the one I broke a while back, we even found the final piece for that collection - Jokey, but didn't get him - a little pricey for a glass collection we really can't use right now (tiny kitchen = limited cabinet space)

#4 - A couple of typewriter ribbon tins, one is a gift for a certain gentleman's birthday and the others will make their way over to Suitcase Art Vintage and Supplies soon.

#5 - A handful of printer blocks.

#6 - One blue pyrex refrigerator dish to replace the one that broke at my grandmother's last Christmas, this one didn't have a lid, but I'm sure she still has a couple extra.

#7 - the requisite bags of postage stamps. There is an older couple who sell stamps and coins, and I always buy at least one bag of stamps from them. They sell these sandwich bags full of envelope corners and while at least half are the same flag stamps over and over, there are always a few gems I use in my projects/stamp collections. This time, I bought three, and I hope they keep me busy for a while because there won't be another Maxwell Street Days Flea until next May!

All in all I only spent a grand total of $20.50, so I think I made off with some really awesome deals!

No comments: