Sunday, April 26, 2009

Oshkosh Journey: Three Faces of Eve

I'll be heading up to Oshkosh next weekend for the "Three Faces of Eve" show and I just can't wait. The plan is to leave Friday morning so I have enough time to have coffee with friends, hang the show and hopefully drop by the new St. Vinny's Thrift Store.


Photo by Jeannette Merten for The Northwestern.


Both the thrift store and food pantry moved into the old Copp's grocery store on Jackson Street. It promises to be a great new start, and the photos make the place look so bright and welcoming, I think I might actually miss the kinda dingy poorly lit old location. The last place had so many nooks and crannies just waiting with treasures to be discovered, but I'm sure the new location will be great, with a lot less sneezing and plenty of parking. You should see this thrift store on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month when they have their storewide 1/2 off sale - I've had to park a block down the street before there are so many people taking advantage of reused goods, but it always makes me happy to see previously loved furniture and things going to new homes to be loved.

So next weekend will be spent in Oshkosh. Friday night we'll be hanging the show and the opening occurs Saturday from 6-9pm, and I plan on some birthday celebrations afterwards. Really, I just can't wait to see all my friends, I miss them desperately.

No comments: