Saturday, April 25, 2009

Homegrown Revolution

I don't really watch Oprah all that much, but occasionally she comes by with something that just puts a spark in my day. But I wouldn't have even caught this story if I hadn't been reading Oh Happy Day! this morning.

Oprah's spot on Living Green in Pasadena features the Dervaes family and their wonderful green lifestyle, and the story continues at their website is Path to Freedom.

There are even more videos if you just mosey on over to youtube. Taking a look at the video below shows all sorts of interesting tidbits and history. Like the fact that the front yard is 95% edible.




If I didn't already want to move into the house we looked at last week (it was a really great decorating job in the seventies, I swear) I really want to now. With its wood shed and fenced garden plots its just begging for a tiny farm in the city. I also really want to look into zoning, see how plausible farm fowl are in the city.

Also, Richard and I enjoyed a night out going to see the new Disney feature "Earth" and it was just wonderful.... except having to leave early because the fire alarm went off, but at least there wasn't actually a fire.

No comments: