Sunday, December 7, 2008

forward! towards graduation!

So it’s been a busy weekend. One where I spent all day Saturday inside working on papers, except for that hour Ben and I spent shoveling the walk and drive.

April threw a “jewelry party” for her mother. A chance for Mama Beese to display all her beadwork and sell it outside of a gallery show setting. It was quite fun just to see everything she’s gotten done. I didn’t have any money to spend, so I was just there to enjoy everyone’s company and admire Mama Beese’s work. She and I are talking about her making some necklaces for the bridesmaids, I know April and I are excited about it, but I’ll have to consult the other girls as well. Anyway, I’m working on helping Mama Beese set up a shop on etsy. Showing her how to work everything and early next year we’ll spend a day getting photos done for her. So look for her shop Mama Beese’s Got Style to come soon. She does the most amazing beadwork.

Otherwise, the only things I’ve been thinking about have to do with school, so here’s a quick update on the School Work Progress:

- Dracula Paper for Brit Lit - DONE! (finished as of 10:30 tonight!)
- 481 Final Paper (8/20)
- Reflective Essay - 0/3 (I was corrected in my page count, and I’m glad I don’t have to worry about 2 extra pages!)
- Senior Portfolio - all previous work ready, just have to finish the other two pieces (481 final paper and reflective essay)
- “A Person of Interest” - 0/5 (Professor actually cut the page count, which, yay!)

16/36 - just 20 pages left to go, just five more days of class, just six more class periods. then. Graduation.

No comments: