Monday, December 22, 2008

Everything is Happening

A lot has happened in the last couple weeks. I graduated from college with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English and Journalism the Saturday before last. I finished moving down from Oshkosh to Milwaukee. Richard and I are still unpacking at the new place, and from the looks of it, will be for at least a little while longer. I’ve discovered a number of things I left in the old house in Oshkosh, but will get back from my former roommates later.

I wish I could say we’ve been busy with wedding plans, but Richard and I are invested in “what is happening right here and now” rather than planning. When we all return to Milwaukee after Christmas there will be more wedding planning, but not right now.

I almost forgot to mention our Christmas plans - we’re currently driving down to North Carolina to visit my grandmother and many other members of my extended family, including my dear cousin Anna. We’re just inside Indiana now and the trees are absolutely coated in ice, they look more like sculptures than trees. The dog is curled up on the seat next to me with her head in my lap. I’m on the computer now in hopes of completing the editing process for Erich and Ash’s wedding photos. It has taken me far too long, but with finishing school, I really did not have time for much else, and I’m sure they understand. I promise to get all the photos to them by January 7th, because I should be passing through town by then and will have the chance to have the whole portfolio ready and can drop it off.

No comments: