Wednesday, October 22, 2008

ETSY!!!

I’m a big fan of etsy.com, both the site and the concept in general. Recently I opened a second shop to start selling my numerous vintage collections and extra supplies - Suitcase Art, Vintage and Supplies. I made my first sale yesterday and will be heading down to the post office today after classes to ship it.

This time around I’ve taken the general advice of everyone at etsy on how to promote - simply make yourself visible. I’ve made sure that when I have a spare minute I post in the forums, when I’ve got a bit more time I try to join chats and meet new people. I listed my first item in this shop on 12 October and made a sale within the first ten days! It is exciting, and I hope it is a result of putting myself out there, cause that’s just what I’m going to keep doing from now on.

I want to do some cross promoting of blogs soon, as I know the readership here is limited to friends who have happened upon the blog, and I hope this will gain some new exposure for both of my shops.

Timothy Adam has posted a blog entry about marketing, it has a lot of great tips and suggestions. Also - new article on etsy at Auction Bytes.

No comments: