Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Making new Meals

It has been very easy with all the moving and kitchen renovation to get into the habit of making quick and easy meals.  We frequently find ourselves falling back on meals that don't have to be thought about much and that we're practiced in making, but at least I haven't used a packet of ramen for any recipe in years.

Now that things are (mostly) settled and the kitchen is (mostly) done we're attempting to branch out.  In the last few weeks we've been making the effort to try making new, albeit relatively easy, meals that build off what we already have and what we already know. We've already tried Slow Cooker Orange Chicken and Mongolian Beef, and both of those dishes were big hits.

Today I'm making Slow Cooker Cranberry BBQ Chicken and attempting to use the Kitchen Aid tip for shredding the chicken.  And later this week we're trying Slow Cooker Sweet & Spicy Pot Roast from Mel's Kitchen Cafe using some of Richard's venison roasts.

Now if I'd just convince myself to invest in a food processor my olive tapenade would come out looking as delicious as it tastes, but one step at a time I suppose.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I re-pinned a couple of those recipes. I like to fill the crock pot and forget it!