Friday, November 11, 2011

Thrifted Finds

On the way home from work a couple weeks ago I stopped by a yard sale (the signs promised it was *HUGE*) and while there wasn't much that attracted me I did manage to come home with a couple of gems.


The young girl who had her own tarp set out with all her own stuff to sell had plenty of horse themed items.  I managed to spy a book by Margerite Henry, the Milwaukee native who wrote Misty of Chincoteague among many other horse books.  She worked quite frequently with illustrator Wesley Denis whose work I absolutely adore, so I picked up the well worn copy with binding falling off so I could pull out the illustrations inside.


And the simple loveliness of a couple of old milk bottles which I couldn't pass up.  I don't know what it is about the milk bottles that keeps attracting me every where I go, but at a quarter a piece for these two I didn't question it.  If nothing else they'll make adorable vases.

But now I must stop my blogging break to go unpack some more boxes!

No comments: