Saturday, August 20, 2011

Summer of Forgotten Things and Mislaid Plans

This will surely be known as the summer of forgotten things.  Forgotten plans, forgotten projects, forgotten gardening, and forgotten placement of the kitchen shears.  And that's ok, because we're having so much fun with the things we have been remembering.


Remembering to adopt a puppy to add to our family, remembering to go to the museum with Uncle Bob, Debbie, Grandpa, Tia and Chris.

Remembering to have dinner with my parents in the middle of the week for no special reason, remembering to stop at Lambau Field before coming home after Brian and Randi's wedding in Green Bay.


We said we knew what we were heading into when we bought a house, and in a way I know we expected to be overwhelmed.  It has been fun thus far, and I'm always looking forward to that sense of accomplishment that comes from the completion of even little steps and eventually whole projects.


Richard and his Dad worked on the kitchen all day today, rerunning gas pipe and prepping the pluming to move to the opposite wall, and the projects that await us only keep mounting.  Today I ran a load of laundry and tried organizing the bathroom closet, which until now has been home to boxes and paint cans, but now actually houses cleaning supplies and that hair conditioner that I was in search of for the last week.  


I was rather excited last night when I saw Mom's "bounty" of white totes she brought home from her pharmacy where they had been replaced with new ones.  The last time her pharmacy replaced the totes I was in high school, and mom managed to bring home some which I promptly used to store my cd collection under my bed.  Now they really help with organizing the rather deep bathroom closet so that everything can always be within reach.

Progress is progress, no matter how small the steps.  And I'll always be happy with this home, even if it never looks like a glossy magazine styled house... especially if it never looks like a magazine styled house.

No comments: