Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday Inspiration: The Red River

Little Songs About The Big Picture
Little Songs About the Big Picture by The Red River

As it is with quite a lot of the music I enjoy I was introduced to The Red River by Miss Anna (of General Oglethorpe and the Panhandlers).  She sent me a package this past winter that included a mix cd with a few of their songs.  When I visited Savannah for the General O CD release party back in February I even had the chance to hear The Red River play at The Wormhole.

Every one of their songs is worth a listen, and while the ambiance at The Wormhole may have been lacking the show was just lovely, and I hope I get the chance to see them again... perhaps the next time they swing through the Midwest.

I often find myself putting on their Tiny Desk Concert from NPR when I'm puttering about working on things in the office, writing or making things.  If any Red River kids stumble across this, I just want you to know the next time you're in Milwaukee you have a place to stay with us if you need.  Good luck, and thanks for the inspiration.

No comments: