Friday, April 15, 2011

The Office: Lighting Set-Up


Recently I've been working on making our office a better place to work.  The major cleaning and organizing was the first step and the second was to put together a lighting set up so I could do product photos under the window and walk a few feet to the desk and load them onto the computer to work on.  It's not perfect yet, I have another bar to hang up for better light placement, but I've gotten a few photos done and I'm happy I've finally got a permanent set-up and it's out of the way.


The entire set-up wasn't very costly either.  We already had the table, and the floor lamps were once in our living room so I can't really tally those in the cost.

- White sheet - from Ikea $2
- Four clamp lamps - from the hardware store $5 each, but one of my was scavenaged
- Four light bulbs - I use the GE indoor flood natural lights which are $5 each but promise to last a long time, plus you can often find coupons so I only paid $3 each.

Grand Total: $34

But not having to wait until I've got good light coming in the window is priceless, and it means I can get clear and crisp shots any time I need.  Here are some more photos of a Salt Box I picked up while out thrifting recently.



1 comment:

Teresa said...

The light box looks great - and nice pictures with it.