Thursday, March 24, 2011

Week 5 Project

I've wanted to redo the throw pillows for our bed for a while now because, well, when I made the original ones I wasn't really sure what I was doing.  I could have chosen better fabric, and made my seems straighter and made cuter pillows.  So, using a video tutorial from The Crafty Gemini I'm going to make three new pillows that will hopefully look something like these...


I want to make monogram designs in buttons on each using the two bigger pillows for letters and the one smaller pillow for an ampersand.  The plan is for blue buttons on brown pillows to coordinate with our bedroom, so now the only decisions left to make are what font to use and whether to use our first initials, R & N, or our last initials, A & W.  I think I'm leaning more towards R & N since we've used the A&W theme before.


Because this project promises to be time consuming I'm taking it in steps and this week I'm tackling the first two steps.  First - pick out fabric and cut all pieces.  Second - sew the button monogram to one of the pillow fronts.

After some further research I found a tutorial for the button monograms at Adventures of one Crazy Lady.  I can't wait to get started!

2 comments:

Jessi said...

How great are these! I absolutely LOVE buttons and cannot wait to see your pictures from this project. Have fun!

Teresa said...

Cool idea! Do show the completed pillows!