Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Be My Valentine

My Richard, he knows the way to my heart.  This past Valentine's day we kept things lo-key by venturing out for an early lunch the Sunday before.  We went to the Fox and Hound restaurant that we'd heard nothing but wonderful things about and had some amazing food.  He also gifted me with a brand new desk that we spent Sunday afternoon picking out and building.  I know I'm not the biggest fan of big box stores, but after venturing to so many office and furniture places we found the perfect piece at Walmart, yes, Walmart.  It's a Better Homes and Gardens desk with a large top, filing drawer and plenty of space.

I gave him a bag of goodies, including a tiny Marvin the Martian promo sculpture that I had found on my recent trip to Savannah, and a subscription to Netflix.  We kept things simple and lovely, which is the way I like my holidays.  And we had a nice moment of nostalgia while we were cleaning out the office and found some of the old Valentines I'd given him.

I know Valentine's Day is a week past, but I hope everyone had a lovely one.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

That is a nice looking desk! Sounds like a lovely Valentine's Day.
And thanks for the kind words on my blog. I appreciate it!