Sunday, September 26, 2010

Half Price Books and $2 Journal Finds

I was out in Brookfield the other day for one reason or another so I took a moment to visit the new Half Price Books location (I'm a sucker for used book stores) and look for a few things.  I found a couple of books that I've been looking for but I decided against picking them up until I've finished a few of the books on my shelves that I have yet to read.  Of course I couldn't leave empty handed so I was wandering around the clearance section to see what I could find and a stumbled across a couple of red Picadilly journals for $1 each.  

Primo Journal - Red -.. Medium (288 Lined Pages) (Hardcover)I didn't necessarily need TWO journals, but I've been looking for a new sketchbook as my previous one has been very full for sometime now, so for just two dollars I figured it was worth trying them out.  I'm already enjoying them and even have a project for my Tumblr Buddy gift sketched out.  It's a little strange to be drawing things over the lined pages, but it certainly makes my handwriting a tiny bit tidier.  All in all, I say I've made a sound $2 investment, and I may even swing by the Half Price Books near us to see if they don't have a few in clearance as well.

A little aside: I have always had this strange habit of not writing in the first few pages of a journal or sketchbook.  I'm not exactly sure why this is, especially since it's not a conscious decision and I usually don't notice until later, but I realized this time I've left five entire pages blank.

No comments: