Sunday, August 29, 2010

New Books: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

I finally ordered my copy of Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins! I'm so excited I could burst! I didn't pre-order the book because I'm trying to be a good little budgeter and have only been buying things from amazon when I have enough gift cards from Swagbucks to cover the cost. My goal after this purchase is to save up enough of the gift cards to buy that cute little Fujifilm Instax Mini. Goodness knows I don't need another camera, but I've been without an instant camera for so long that I just can't stand it anymore!

But speaking of books: as with most of my literature choices lately Anna had a direct role in getting me into The Hunger Games. It was one of the books she read while working for Scholastic, and she couldn't stop talking about it. Since I'm a frugal little penny pincher I had been lurking in the local used bookstore hoping the first novel would show up so I didn't pick it up until this past June and I'm actually really glad I didn't get into the series sooner because I would have been so heartbroken to wait so long for the conclusion. And no matter how the book concludes the story this is sure to be a bittersweet ending, because I just don't want to leave these characters yet!

So if you haven't read The Hunger Games yet - you really should.

No comments: