Tuesday, May 4, 2010

All 100 Miles

This past weekend I took some time to myself to journey across the state of Wisconsin to visit some friends in River Falls. My friend Jennie had heard of this wonderful little thing called the 100 Mile Garage Sale, which was a string of garage sales all up and down 100 miles of the Mississippi river.

We spent ALL DAY out and exploring. We didn't have any miraculous finds, but it was a fabulous time! Starting at 8 o'clock Saturday morning we were on the road and hitting the sales, we took a lunch break around 3 on a beach and spent another half an hour combing for beach glass (I came home with a whole pocket full!) before hitting a few more sales and heading home around 5.

I, for one, have decided that this year was merely reconnaissance for next year. It was super exciting, and a whole lot of fun, especially getting a whole day with Jennie.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Cool! I've heard of the 100 Mile Sale too, but have never experienced it! Training for next year! Good plan!