Sunday, February 28, 2010

Inspiration Projects

I feel like I draw inspiration from just about anywhere, but for the last month since I've been stuck inside with a back injury I'll admit that most of my inspiration is found online. While I've been keeping myself busy with projects like reorganizing the office/extra bedroom (and I think it's finally in a configuration that is a little more conducive to work) I've also been looking at other people's craft projects and decorating for inspiration.

I've also been crocheting an amazing amount of items - a case for my new digital camera (with my first buttonhole!), two cases for other people's ipods, more baby hats than I know babies, and a whole mess of play food/pincushion cupcakes. I'm sure all the theme of the crafting photos I've been looking at lately has to do with my penchant for crochet projects.


I'm planning to make a blanket based on this pattern from The Yvestown Blog out of cotton for a light summer throw (ah, summer.) and I really can't wait to get started.

In general I'm one of those people who just likes to make things. It's a little cliche but I find it cathartic to always have my hands busy and at the end have something I have managed to make myself. For this reason I love to learn new methods and new projects, so if you've got something you think I should try - let me know. Especially if it's something that will keep me busy while my back heals.

No comments: