Thursday, October 29, 2009

This week's big things

This week is a week for big things. I've been working nonstop on the house, mainly because Richard and I have finally settled on the fact that we probably won't be moving anytime soon. It's been so long of living one place for six months or a year and then moving to the next that I haven't felt the need to really settle into this place.

Today we're heading across Wisconsin to visit some friends near Eau Claire and I really can't wait. We haven't seen them in so long it will totally be worth the five hour drive. I miss my friends and the wonderful creative atmosphere they create. But I must remind myself that trips through Wisconsin are best taken before winter takes hold, and the odds of another trip out that way before spring arrives are not very high.


This is Matthias.
He is a typewriting ninja fool.
We cannot wait to see him.


In other news, I'm already preparing for my trip out to New York next June and it is looking more like I'll be taking the train out to meet everyone. It's cheaper than a plane ticket, and it is by far my favorite way to travel. I just cannot wait for that trip, I only wish the school year didn't end so late so Richard could join me!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Good for you to being putting down roots! That is when a house becomes home.

Just a little past Eau Claire and you could come meet the alpacas!