Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Where we come from

I know it's a bit of a way off but I am so very excited for next June. For the first time I will get the chance to go to New York to see not only where my father grew up but also Ellis Island on June 12th to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the first of my family arriving in the United States from Italy.

Richard and I are going to have a time figuring out the logistics of getting us both there. For teachers school doesn't end until June 15th and the rest of the family is planning to leave New York on the 13th. Perhaps I'll just have to stay a while longer and we'll meet up later, whatever happens, I really can't wait. I have never been to New York, and I can't wait to see my father's childhood home. Maybe Anna will even be back at Scholastic and we'll have a chance to explore the city together. Really, there are just so many possibilities!

One of the great things about this trip is that it will really push me to find a new job and really promote and work on the Suitcase Art shop so as to gather the funds for what promises to be an interesting trip.

If you've got any suggestions of things to do/places to see, I'm open to each and every suggestion.

No comments: